The Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta is seeking a Special Assistant to the Consul General. The incumbent will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate communication between the Consulate General and U.S. federal, state, county and city leaders.
- Research, analyze, and report on political trends, developments, and elections in the five state consular district of Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Research, draft, and edit public remarks to be delivered by the Consul General.
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events.
- Serve as moderator of public events.
The incumbent should have a bachelor’s degree, strong writing skills, and knowledge of the political situation in the Southeast United States. While Japanese language skills are not mandatory, a background in Japanese culture and language would be beneficial. Interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to email@example.com by March 31, 2012. No phone calls please.