Invitation Program for Iwate, Miyagi, Fukushima and Sendai-shi JET Alumni
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Japan Tourism Agency have jointly organized an Invitation Program for JET Alums who worked as JETs in Iwate, Miyagi, Fukushima or Sendai-shi for two or more years. Participants in the program will be given the opportunity to return to Japan (all expenses paid) as an ambassador. The goal of this program is to help promote the affected areas and do PR work on their behalf. As Japan struggles to regain the image of a safe place to live and travel, they are looking to JET Alums for assistance.
Applications must be received by July 11th.
For more information, please see the application guidelines.
The Embassy of Japan in Washington, D.C. is looking for a political researcher. More information here.
Embassy of Japan, Washington, DC
The Embassy of Japan is seeking an individual for the position of Political Researcher. The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Salary is commensurate with experience month.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Giving a daily briefing to diplomats on key US politics developments reported by major newspapers.
- Researching US political trends in general and specific events and developments of significance.
- Assisting diplomats in meeting with individuals such as Congressional staff and political consultants.
- Other responsibilities as needed and appropriate.
- Language Skills
Fluent English and Japanese. Ability to write a formal letter and other official documents in good English and Japanese.
- Ability to use a computer and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Office experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or equivalent experience.
How to apply
Please send your resume with cover letter no later than June 15, 2011.
Attn: Political Section
Embassy of Japan
2520 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008
* Inquiries will not be answered by phone or in person. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.